Thursday, August 14, 2008

NS Craze

Today began truly with a bang. As every form-fiver knows, the National Service list has been constructed and recently been put out. And with much anticipation, and in some cases- fear, probably every 17 year old has checked, double checked and even triple checked(me) to find out if they've been enlisted for this program. This morning, Aqillah, was in total shock as she received the dreaded news that she'd indeed been picked! I truly sympathize with her, as I too dread going for NS. Other classmates who were chosen so far includes Cynthia, Naquiyah, Wen Kai, Audrey, Yee Ling, and Shirren. (If I missed anybody, I'm sorry.) Although there's been much debate but no proof whatsoever, there seems to be a pattern or maybe we're just imagining it. But apparently, every family is supposed to have one child go through NS, although there are some exemptions, namely Kin Kit, Jin Sam, and Christine, as far as I know. If this theory is truly true, then for me, there would be no reason that I wouldn't be picked. My sister having been passed on, and my brother being six years younger than me, the timing would be just right for me to be chosen! Having said that, I am now mentally preparing myself...hehe...but after coming home and thinking about it. I find it's not so bad, because according to various sources, things are more lenient for us girls at camp. And if you think of it as a long term camp, it's really not so bad. In fact, the only thing I'm really worried about is the physical activities, which would definitely be torture for someone as unfit as I am. Especially for us girls, when it is that time of the month, for me I would be temporarily paralyzed. But other than that, I think it would be nice to experience new things, a change in my mundane lifestyle right now wouldn't be so bad...But, of course before I take the plunge, I think I might wanna do some research and find out more, plus consult with my parents. But right now, this decision, I commit to God, and if He calls me to go, I will.

I just realise, most of my posts are quite long...Wonder why...Am I that cheong hei? lol better stop here. Enough grandmother stories...
'nite blogy

No comments: